Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Educator Evaluation

I know no one wants to think summer is almost over, but reality says school is about to start. As you are in your classroom getting it organized for the new year, have you thought about how you will keep track of your evidence for the educator evaluation?

In the technology course I took last week I learned more about Evernote. It's a program that keeps notes organized. You can write new notes, take pictures of student work, and even upload files. You can even share notebooks with others, such as your grade level team. Evernote can be installed (for free) on all your devices, and kept in sync with each other. So far, I love this program/app. 

In my course, someone suggested creating a notebook for each standard, to keep track of your evidence throughout the year. I thought this was a great idea. I bundled them together into one notebook called "Educator Evaluation" and then four notebooks in there, each one named for the standard. For the first note, I put the piece of the rubric that explains the standard. You could create separate notebooks under each standard for the indicators, but that's up to personal preference.
Enjoy using Evernote. Leave a comment to let me (and other readers) know if and for what you use Evernote.


No comments :

Post a Comment